On Friday, 2 September 2016 at 14:26:37 UTC, Ethan Watson wrote:
But compared to MSVC, I've found the error reporting of DMD to be severely lacking. In most cases with MSVC, I have an error code that I can google for which is (sometimes) thoroughly documented.

You're not really comparing DMD to MSVC, are you? ;) Imagine how DMD looked like if there was comparable financial backing...

Anyway, we all know that error reporting can be much improved, but complaining about it doesn't really help (at best, it moves that item up a bit on the mental agenda of some contributors) - getting yourself involved does.