On Thursday, 8 September 2016 at 16:52:47 UTC, safety0ff wrote:
On Sunday, 4 September 2016 at 00:04:16 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:

... I have now implemented another pseudo function called __ctfeTicksMs.
[Snip]

This does allow meaningful compiletime performance tests to be written.
spanning both CTFE and template-incitations timeings.

Please tell me what you think.

I think automated ctfe profiling would be much better and the byte-code interpreter seems like a great platform to build this onto.

For example, using a command line switch to enable profiling which outputs something similar to gprof's flat profile.

I thought of the same thing a while back.
However I have had the time to decipher the gprof data-format yet.
Is there another profile-format for decent visualization tools exist ?