On 9/26/16 2:11 PM, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 11:56:39 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen wrote:
On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 11:46:19 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 11:11:20 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:

The broader topic of what compiler features Mir GLAS uses could be
the topic of an entire blog post in its own right, and might be very
interesting.

I guess this is my terrain. I'll think about writing that blog post :)

Specific LDC features that I see in GLAS are:

- __traits(targetHasFeature, ...)  , see
https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC-specific_language_changes#targetHasFeature

- @fastmath, see
https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC-specific_language_changes#.40.28ldc.attributes.fastmath.29

- Modules ldc.simd and ldc.intrinsics.

- Extended allowed sizes for __vector (still very limited)

To get an idea of what is different for LDC and DMD, this PR removed
support for DMD: https://github.com/libmir/mir/pull/347

-Johan

Ah, I was not aware that DMD support was dropped completely. I think
that is a real shame, and it makes it _much_ less likely that I will
use mir in my own projects, let alone as a dependency in another library.

Shame is that D is not popular. I think that Mir can replace C / C++ for
hight performance application. And became the best industry system
language.

My goal is not a package for D community. My goal is a library for
industry. A library that can involve new comers and extend D community
multiple times.

I think we need to make it a point to support Mir in dmd. -- Andrei