On 2016-09-26 21:49, bachmeier wrote:

To me, it seems pointless to support Mir in DMD. The "functionality"
that it brings is speed. Nobody needing absolutely the fastest code is
not going to have any interest in DMD. From what I understand of Mir
(but correct me if I'm wrong) it is easy enough to replicate its
functionality by linking to existing linear algebra libraries. Others
can construct a compatible interface if that's something they want.

I think Ilya and everyone else working on Mir should push forward with
the LDC-based project. Anything else is a distraction.

He mentions several front end issues, those apply to LDC as well.

--
/Jacob Carlborg