Ali Cehreli wrote:
Bartosz Milewski Wrote:

I read Andrei's chapter on arrays and there's one thing that concerns me.

I tried to voice the same concern earlier, but my voice is not loud yet. ;)

When a slice is extended, the decision to re-allocate, and therefore to cut
its connection to other slices, is non-deterministic.

I don't see it being any different than C++'s std::vector invalidating iterators when the
vector is expanded. That has the same "non-determinism", but we've been living
with it.

It is different because invalid STL iterators could do anything.