On Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 06:33:06 UTC, Kim wrote:

I think I will go for the more C-like binding of DerelictLua; I am fine for the shared libraries binding as I don't need static bindings, but I guess that could be added without too much effort?

Some of the Derelict bindings already support a static configuration. I intend to add one to DerelictLua in the very near future. I've got a little tool that can convert Derelict-style function pointer declarations into standard function declarations for a static binding, so yeah, it's easy to do.