KennyTM~ wrote:
On Nov 17, 09 01:40, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Bill Baxter wrote:
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:
Walter Bright wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I was hoping the lesson learned would be to fix switch as was
suggested.
I checked, because it wasn't written in the way I usually write things,
and sure enough it wasn't code I wrote :-)

From the changelog for D 0.129: "Incorporated Ben Hinkle's new
std.format
which can print general arrays."

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog1.html#new0129
So people are liable to make the mistake.

Andrei

What about when you want to fall through to a multiple label? Or a
range label?

case 0:
// do stuff
goto case ??;
case 1: .. case 9:
// do more stuff
goto case ??;
case 10,20,30:
// still more stuff

The obvious answer would seem to be just "pick any one".
I just bring it up because I haven't seen that ... uh case ...
mentioned by anyone.

--bb

You must pick the median :o).

Andrei

No way we'll need to write "goto case 3.5;" :p

(Just for precision's sake)

median != average