On Friday, 13 January 2017 at 06:37:42 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Friday, 13 January 2017 at 02:25:03 UTC, Ignacious wrote:
On Friday, 13 January 2017 at 01:27:02 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
[...]

That makes no sense(it's obvious by the definition of derivative so you are not saying anything meaningful/useful). Obviously if you build an independent work you are free to chose a license and no one building any work off of yours or not can cause you problems.

[...]

I agree with you that the GPL is badly written, but we mostly don't use it, basically only for the gdc compiler itself, so not a big deal here.

Yes, but D uses mostly bindings and if any of those bindings use it then It effects the D program that uses it. Since many of the bindings are written in C/C++ one can expect that many of them use the GPL license.

The boost license seems acceptable but who knows? Look how many were "swindled" by GPL.