Mike Hearn:

>With a few minor improvements (eg namespace support) that'd save a lot of
>time.<

This change to D language is not planned. You can explain why you think
namespace support is useful (and you can explain those other minor improvements
too).

>- Integration of a compiler with our in-house build system (proprietary). If
>it's GCC based that's better.<

There's a D compiled based on GCC, but at the moment the best D1 compiler is
LDC, based on LLVM, especially if you care for top performance of the binary.

>If it works similar to the ones we use for C++ that's better:<

I hope D will do better here :-) But it will take time.

>D is a very feature rich language even compared to C++.<

But usually D features are designed to be safer, higher level, less tricky and
more handy, and sometimes slower. Go designers have removed almost everything,
so when you use Go you don't need a restrictive style guide like Google C++ one
that forbids people to use several language features :-)

> - By default emacs/vim at google import customizations for our environment,
> integrating a d-mode with that would be nice.<

This is something that probably needs to be done regardless possible D usage at
Google.

>I haven't tried binding stuff into D, although given that it's got some C/C++
>compatibility it's way ahead of Python and Java already.<

C compatibility of D is good. C++ compatibility is currently limited by design.

If Google hires Walter he may use 50% of his free time developing D2 (as Guido
has 50% for Python itself, and 50% developing Python code).

Bye,
bearophile