Bill Baxter wrote:
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Sean Kelly <s...@invisibleduck.org> wrote:
Bill Baxter Wrote:
Is it possible to do the kind of "goroutine" scheduling they do purely
as a library?
I think so.  It sounds like they basically just have a thread pool that
executes fibers, and D 2.0 already has fibers.

That wasn't really clear to me how their "segmented stacks" thing
works.  Sounds like it would need low-level runtime system support,
though.
In the description, it sounds like they're just talking about the stacks resizing on
demand.  Maybe the "segmented" bit comes from the stack not being contiguous in
memory, but that sounds a bit weird.  Either way, the underpinnings are already in place
in D's fibers for auto stack growth (thanks to Mikola Lysenko), so I don't see this as a
compiler-dependent feature or anything like that.

So fibers are there today in D2?  I didn't realize that bit of Tango's
runtime was now rolled in.  Cool!  Are they documented anywhere?
Looks like docs for all of core are not yet being shown on
digitalmars.com.

--bb

Try here:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/druntime/browser/trunk/src/common/core/thread.d#L2640