On 2017-01-18 22:00, aberba wrote:

So it will be incorrect to say native gui is a requirement to fain
higher adoption.

Of course there will be applications that does not look native but still is popular.

If I'm looking for a new type of application I'll dismiss those that don't look native very quickly. Unless I know beforehand that the application is very good, then I'll give it some more time.

Example, I'm using Eclipse for Scala related coding. Although Eclipse is written using SWT, that uses native drawing, it still looks a bit alien. Non-native tabs, non-native preferences and so on. But I don't know of any other IDE for Scala that looks more native. Also I used Eclipse on other platforms before I used it on macOS.

--
/Jacob Carlborg