On 02/28/2017 11:03 AM, Seb wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 14:52:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Thanks. I'd replace "changes should be split into as many commits as
is reasonable" with "changes should be split into as many pull
requests as is reasonable", which is a natural consequence of "most
pull requests should consist of one commit upon merging". (Of course
there may be several commits during PR review.)

One vs. several commits per merged pull request is a matter in which
reasonable people may disagree, and we can't do both ways. The
Foundation fosters that github pull requests are squashed upon
merging, with exceptions that need to be justified.
BTW we should put this in our guidelines, we have
https://wiki.dlang.org/Contributing_to_Phobos but not an equivalent
covering all of dlang properties. Is there one?

Not that I would know of.
I started an initial wiki entry (basically a cleaned copy/paste version
of my post):

https://wiki.dlang.org/Guidelines_for_maintainers

@other maintainers: As this seems to be quite useful for newcomers and
semi-regular contributors, please help to extend this wiki entry (or
whenever a question pops up on GH).

That's awesome. Thanks! -- Andrei