On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 at 21:53:29 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On 3/14/17 4:26 PM, Stefan Koch wrote:
On Monday, 13 March 2017 at 19:40:30 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
On Thursday, 16 February 2017 at 21:05:51 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
[ ... ]

I just fixed a bug in ref support;
It should now work with slices.

I also made it _slightly_ easier to make ABI changes for slice, since I expect the structure to change as soon as concat support is added.
(e.g. slices will get a refcount, capacity and an origin ptr)

Bad news.
Array expansion via assignment to length regressed.
Fixing this is surprisingly time intensive.
.... I am just not seeing where it's going wrong.

It seems to use completely bogus offsets ... causing it to read from
uninitialized memory.

Time to try valgrind ? Last time I checked it worked just fine with D.

---
Dmitry Olshansky

When I talk about uninitialized memory I mean memory inside the VM, which is untouched. The Problem is a problem with bytecode generation, not the execution.
The code executes as it should, but the generated code is invalid.