On Thursday, 6 April 2017 at 13:55:43 UTC, Olivier FAURE wrote:

I don't want to make any assumptions, and I do respect Walter for consistently taking on a role that means that people keep criticizing his choices whatever he does, but his approach to dealing with the community is undeniably flawed, and seems to be breeding a lot of frustration and resentment.

IMO the source of the problem is that Walter and Andrei have freedom to make any language changes they want, without even consulting the community, while everyone else has to put a lot of time into a formal proposal with nearly a 100% chance that it will be denied because of [insert your favorite reason]. The design of the language is done in something of a corporate fashion, and that leads to frustrated posts.*

* But not from me.