On Sunday, 9 April 2017 at 12:56:48 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

Mailing list is one thing, forum is another thing; so making the current forum act as both will be difficult.

This has already been done.

If you decide it is done. It is hard to say anything further. Respect your choice but I am not with you.

The D tag on StackOverflow is monitored by many regulars of these forums as well, and D-tagged questions get announced to the IRC channel, so if you prefer that interface, there's no reason to not simply use StackOverflow.

Well, does this mean that dlang.org does not have strong intention to keep this forum as the main gathering point for D community? Because if you guys do, it is good idea to make it a feature-rich forum, not a minimalist to keep the output compatible with that of a mail thread. For example: I can't edit my post, this is because a mail thread does not allow that (i.e. one can't edit the sent messages)?

I've given the feedback. I will head over SO for now.