Don wrote:
Now that we have struct literals, the old C-style struct initializers don't seem to be necessary. The variations with named initializers are not really implemented -- the example in the spec doesn't work, and most uses of them cause compiler segfaults or wrong code generation. EG...

struct Move{
   int D;
}
enum Move genMove = { D:4 };
immutable Move b = genMove;

It's not difficult to fix these compiler problems, but I'm just not sure if it's worth implementing. Maybe they should just be dropped? (The { field: value } style anyway).

Would love to. At least we can deprecate them and not mention them in TDPL.