On Thursday, 25 May 2017 at 10:42:44 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
Static libraries that are
- compiled with dmd 2.074 (maybe previous versions too)
- call format() in their API

will be responsible for strange errors when used by programs compiled with dmd 2.075. People will see their software raising a FormatException (orphan argument) for no reason. When the static library will be recompiled with dmd 2.075 the errors will disappear.

I haven't investigated much since there's been a non trivial amount of change in std.format() during the this spring. I don't know what to do with this facts except to report them here.

Why is this unexpected? D has never committed to ABI stability across compiler versions or the different D compilers.