On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 09:48:09 UTC, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 06:13:39 UTC, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 02:12:56 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

That definition currently there is more precise than the definition on that page has been historically...

Apparently, it is not. Do you have a reference to Walter's change regarding `in` becoming just `const`? Because a change like that should get reflected in the spec, otherwise we might just continue to ignore said spec and expect our grievances to be "gracefully" resolved later. What I mean is I'd rather see/make the change reflected there...

Unfortunately, `in` was never implemented as `scope const`. I think it was only when Walter started working actively on scope that he found out that it's too late to change this - https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5898. Here are some more references:
https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1740
https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1749

Going forward, I think it would be best for the language if `in` would work as Q. Schroll described here: http://forum.dlang.org/post/medovwjuykzpstnwb...@forum.dlang.org. This can also nicely fix the the problems with rvalues (with auto ref you may end with up to 2^N template instantiations where N is the number of parameters and 2 is because you get one by value and one by ref instance; doesn't play nice with delegates etc). See also https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/4717.

Another interesting link: http://dgame.github.io/dneeds/