On Sunday, 11 June 2017 at 19:17:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Phobos' posix.mak offers the ability to only run unittests for one module:

make std/range/primitives.test BUILD=debug -j8

... or package:

make std/range.test BUILD=debug -j8

It runs module tests in parallel and everything. This is definitely awesome. But say I misspell things by using a dot instead of the slash:

make std.range.test BUILD=debug -j8

Instead of an error, I get a no-op result that looks like success. How can that situation be converted to an error?

Thanks,

Andrei

I've shared this same frustration. I once took a stab at creating a "DMake" system, where you could use standard MAKE syntax, or D code side by side. I never finished it but you can find the concept here. If there is interest I'd be willing to finish it.

https://github.com/marler8997/dmake