On Tuesday, 13 June 2017 at 06:56:14 UTC, ketmar wrote:
Sebastien Alaiwan wrote:

On Sunday, 11 June 2017 at 17:59:54 UTC, ketmar wrote:
Guillaume Piolat wrote:

On Saturday, 10 June 2017 at 23:30:18 UTC, Liam McGillivray wrote:
I realize that there are people who want to continue using D as it is, but those people may continue to use D2.

Well, no thanks.
The very same strategy halved the community for D1/D2 split and almost killed D.

as you can see, D is alive and kicking, and nothing disasterous or fatal happens.
Yes, but could it have been a lot more alive and kicking, hadn't we shot ourselves in the foot with this D1/D2 split?

this question has no answer. can we do better if we will do everything right on the first try? of course!

My point precisely was that "not splitting D1/D2" might correspond to "doing things right".