On Friday, 16 June 2017 at 07:00:10 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2017-06-16 08:30, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
A direct question to Walter and Andrei really.

If someone, let us say Russel Winder, create a CMake/Ninja and/or Meson/Ninja build for DMD, is there any chance of it being allowed to
replace the Make system?

If the answer is no, then Russel will obviously not waste his time
doing something that will not be accepted.

I would guess it's more likely that Make would be replaced by a build script written in D than any of the above.

More likely than that is that there is discussion of writing a build script in D, someone starts working on it, and two years later there are forum posts about whatever happened to that project.

I would much prefer to using an existing build system. There are so many higher priorities for the community.