On Friday, 16 June 2017 at 06:30:01 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
A direct question to Walter and Andrei really.

If someone, let us say Russel Winder, create a CMake/Ninja and/or Meson/Ninja build for DMD, is there any chance of it being allowed to replace the Make system?

If the answer is no, then Russel will obviously not waste his time doing something that will not be accepted.

Why?

Why replacing a rock-stable Make with build-system-X that most likely adds another dependency. I am with Walter on this one. - We should continue using Make unless there is a real need for something else. DMD's makefiles are really simple!