On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 at 19:06:05 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
On 06/19/2017 04:06 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:

Reggae is D's pitch in the CMake and Meson class of meta-build tools.
Why aren't all the D compiler and tool developments using it?

I'm convinced a big part of that is because DUB is ubiquitous and incredibly helpful in the D world for package management, but plays very poorly with any build system that isn't DUB's internal one.

While the dub documentation is not always the best, it seems to me to be in a better state than reggae's. I've heard about reggae a bit on the forum, but I never really made any attempt to try to use it. dub seems a lot simpler for small projects.

Maybe Atila could do a blog post with some simple examples and compare/contrast with dub?