On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 at 07:51:47 UTC, Mike wrote:
3. Many of the veterans in the D community support the current dependency the runtime has on C standard library bindings, stating that they are required (which is not true). Furthermore, they want to make the problem worse by adding C++ standard library bindings as well.

The C++ bindings should be opt-in..

I submitted pull request to begin moving these bindings to Deimos, and make the dependencies private for individual platforms' ports, but only encountered resistance and misunderstanding.

4. The D gatekeepers have become very averse to anything that would cause too much disruption, making me believe that the fundamental changes that are needed to make microcontroller programming in D a reality will never be accepted.

Hmm, I would definitely recommend to submit a DIP about the proposed changes. "Unfortunately" D is so big now that changes need to be carefully evaluated. Providing such an analysis in a DIP, will vastly help your cause!

5. Too many pull requests sit in "purgatory" for way too long without any progress. I believe that trying to move my changes forward would be an uphill battle, and ultimately not worth the frustration.

That's a problem about missing reviewers. However, usually reviewing other work will help a lot to speed up your PRs and also you shouldn't be afraid to ping your PRs from time to time!