dsimcha:
> I think D is about the
> only language on the planet that cares about both scaling up to huge million
> line
> applications and scaling down to small 500-line scripts.

"Scala" means "scalable language", it's supposed to be designed to be able to
scale both up and down :-)
Removing the array.sort and moving complex numbers to the std lib is a little
against the scaling down, but I think it's acceptable.

In the Python std lib there's a module that's essentially designed for the
"scaling down", the fileinput module:
http://docs.python.org/library/fileinput.html
Phobos can grow a simple module that helps the creation of script-like
programs, its contents have to be chosen from practice. Some of its features
are just imported from other modules.

Bye,
bearophile