Leandro Lucarella wrote:
Walter Bright, el 21 de noviembre a las 11:51 me escribiste:
Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Yes! Capitalization consistency in the predefined versions! If it
needs to be worded as a "removal", then "Remove version's
capitalization inconsistencies" ;). The current state of that is
absolutely ridiculous, and frankly, a real PITA ("Ok, I need to
version for Blah OS...now what random capitalization did Walter
chose to use for that one again...?"). I don't care about that
change breaking existing code: For one thing, it's D2, it's not
supposed to be stable yet, and secondly: Just say "with this
release, grep all your code for "version" and update your
capitalizations", or, better yet, depricate any use of the old
names as errors, and just get the damn issue fixed already!
The choices were not random. They coincided with the common usage of
the underlying C compiler.

Right, like OSX.

http://predef.sourceforge.net/preos.html Has a decent list of macros defined for different OSes (and even different compilers in some cases).

Be glad he didn't use the different underscores. I still think consistency would be nice (either all caps or no caps).