the only thing missing is that "we have more language than [real world usage]" coined from what Andre said at DConf.

I couldn't say it better...

D is a better language, but advertising it for that is not what will make it popular.

People have DEVELOPMENT needs, before LANGUAGE needs.

In its current state, D is already perfect for some developments (high-performance computing and file processing, etc), but for many COMMON "real world usages", IMHO it's still lagging WAY behind many "inferior" languages in terms of easy of use, and thus immediate usability...

Everything can be done in D with the right amount of effort, but the more effort required, the more clever you need to pickup this language.

And the less people you will convince to use it.

Sorry, but for many less-skilled programmers like me, that's how things work.

So just show a few stupid-simple 20-liners "hello world"-like examples ALSO for web and mobile development, and you will immediately see much more interest in this language from base-level people like me.