On 7/26/17 12:09 PM, FatalCatharsis wrote:
I apologize, I'm not sure if this is expected behavior, a bug in the compiler, or a bug in the core windows libraries, so I'll post this here until pointed elsewhere.

I've done this trick with win32 for awhile in other languages where I pass a reference to a specific class of my own that represents an instance of window to the CreateWindowEx function, and then use a static router function to send messages to the specific instance. I've made the most minimal example I can in this gist.

https://gist.github.com/FatalCatharsis/d3cc6ec621f0600975806fe23610ae32

When I compile this and run this, nothing is printed and no window is created. I've tried putting try catches around everything (including the inside of the static constructor), but nothing is caught.

Note that in D when a thread crashes besides the main thread, you may not get a stack trace printout. You may get nothing.

-Steve