FatalCatharsis wrote:

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 00:48:48 UTC, ketmar wrote:
FatalCatharsis wrote:

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 00:34:28 UTC, ketmar wrote:
wrap the whole event handler function in `try/catch` block, and print it there. after all, this is what Dmain does, and so can you. having *full* stack trace has no sense there anyway, as you know for sure that event handler is called by windows, not by you (and usually from your event loop anyway, so detailed stack trace has little useful info).

I tried that like so:

https://gist.github.com/FatalCatharsis/39c5f35ae78ecd5399eebe0fb2491004

I put exception blocks both around main and around the invocation of the hash lookup and still get no printouts anywhere, including at the beginning and end of main.

'cause you never printed anything.

the writeln("start"); and writeln("end"); in main. This is what I meant by printing. These do not appear in the output. The programs starts and immediately ends without printing "start" and "end". I did not put an output in the exception handler of the WndProc because writeln can throw and the function is marked nothrow. All I as trying to do there was get it to recover.

'cause, as i said, RangeError is not an exception. i thought that you already know it, as this is "general", not "learning" NG.