On Friday, 4 August 2017 at 19:42:43 UTC, Ali wrote:
On Friday, 4 August 2017 at 19:27:13 UTC, SCev wrote:
[...]

Well, according to the blog entry, the Rust plugin was a side project for an intern

While this is official support, it seems they are not really adding a lot more manpower behind it, it will mostly remain the work for this intern

They dont have plans for a standalone rust ide, like clion for c++

In other words, it really didnt cost them much to support this plugin

And I see very little commercial incentive for them to support D

I think a community support for the Dlang intellij plugin is our best hope we can start a kickstarter project and donate money to them .. might work

I would donate to them if they also include a refactoring tool

this is because of the way you think that D doesn't have that missing traction...

people on this forum need to change.. i'm disapointed