On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 16:22:18 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
As far as I can tell there are no good D development environments in the way there are C++, Go, Rust ones. I have no idea about Visual D since that involves Visual Studio which I think involves Windows and possibly money – though paying for a good development environment does usually imply better quality, support and maintenance.

About 90% of computers uses Windows, but D on Linux supported better (for example, VS Code and Mono-D has debugging support).

Visual D also has some problems that sensitive for newbies. For example, no DUB support.

P.S. I don't meant all possible features for IDE (like available for Visual Studio + C# + Resharper, etc). Personally for me it is: debugger, base refactoring, definition goto.