On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 at 16:25:33 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
[...]

While responding to your question, I provided an example for needing access to the host's data members (Mutex), but failed to provide an example of needing an extra delegate-to-host for an event. I just hit that case though, and it's timers/animations.

For any app where battery life is a concern, you can't just spin for no reason. So when you add a handler to a timer/animation event, you have to kick off whatever timer handles the animation if it's not running. Likewise, you have to stop it when all events have been removed.