On Thursday, 12 October 2017 at 16:59:46 UTC, Meta wrote:
On Thursday, 12 October 2017 at 08:08:17 UTC, Igor wrote:
I tried this but Disassembly view shows:

[snip]

Hmm, you're right. I could've sworn that std.regex is CTFE-friendly but it looks like I was wrong. If it used the GC instead of malloc this would probably work.

Indeed it’s been an ongoing work to make regex match at CTFE. I considered peperring the code paths with __ctfe ? malloc ... : new[] But it a lot of corner cases snd run-time optimized code path is already quite impenetrable.