Denis Koroskin wrote:
<snip>
Lower bound is always 0 in D, unlike VB where is can take an arbitrary value. As such, there is no need for opLowerBound in D.

Only for built-in linear arrays. Half the point is: What if somebody creates a type for which the lower bound is something different?

Thinking about it, maybe we need some symbol like ^ to denote the lower bound, and opLowerBound to implement it. (I've picked ^ along the lines of regexps, from which $ is presumably derived. I *think* this doesn't lead to any ambiguity....)

Stewart.