techempower bench is not good. It is wierd. On my pc vibe.d is much faster
with techempower benchmark. So I do not beleive their results

Dne 15. 10. 2017 12:10 odpoledne napsal uživatel "Ecstatic Coder via
Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com>:

If the GC issue can not be tackled and even with the recent communication
> blogs, it still keeps showing up. Is it maybe not better to focus the
> marketing features that other developers ( none C++ ) may see as advantages
> and slow draw then in? High performance web development package for
> instance. Vibe.d does not count because has not been seen giving any
> descent public performance in years ( like techempower or other sites ).

At the moment, for very demanding high-performance web applications, the
main choices are :
- Dart
- Go
- C/C++
- Java/Kotlin

This is somewhat confirmed by the following benchmark (despite its well
known flaws) :

https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r14&hw=ph&test=query

I think that D, with its fiber system and extreme execution speeds, should
already have everything needed to compete on the same grounds as Dart and
Go.

But only if :
- the fibers automatically uses all cores if allowed to do so;
- the GC problems is designed so that the server never hangs for more than
a few milliseconds IN THE WORST CASE (progressive GC)
- dedicated HIGH PERFORMANCE web server (cfr Go/Dart) and database access
(MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aerospike) libraries are available, preferably as a
standard library (like in Dart and Go).

And for the third point, I really mean high performance, something that
make D's implementation of the (silly) benchmarks immediately go to the top
of the chart.

If all that is already available, perfect :)

Then we just need to add the D version of the benchmarks, and the marketing
is done.

And moreover I'd be delighted to start using D instead of Go for my next
web server developments.