On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 at 13:37:09 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 24/10/2017 2:25 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 at 13:20:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

* better dll support for Windows.

This one is on a lot of wish lists.

It definitely needs to be a target for 2018H1, I'll be making sure its added! Too big a blocker and comes up a little too often...

DIP45 has the solution (make export an attribute), it needs to be updated for the new DIP format from what I heard. It needs to be pushed, as Windows still the most popular OS on the consumer side of things, then we can have Phobos and DRuntime as DLLs without using experimental versions of DMD. I have some plans with the better DLL support, such as the possibility of a D based Python (for better class interoperability with D), or even using a modified set of D for scripting (eg. SafeD only).