On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 at 14:08:07 UTC, bauss wrote:
[snip]

However there's another idiom to D, which is what I'll call the "high-level" idiom which is mostly people writing applications with libraries such as vibe.d, which heavily relies on classes and reference types passed around, rather then structs. Another example of what I'd call "high-level" idiom is libraries like "dlangui" which also heavily relies on classes, a common idiom for UI applications.

A DIP could probably include examples of how vibe.d and dlangui handle nulls and how whatever solution is proposed would be simpler.