On 12/2/2017 4:38 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
But then you need to bloat your program with debug info in order to
understand what, why, and how things went wrong.

Most of the time (for me) that isn't necessary, because the debugger still shows where it failed and that's enough.

Besides, you can always rerun the test case with a debug build.

Not worth it IMO.

I assumed that many would feel that way, hence making it an option.

It's still better than running with NO asserts because of the bloat, which is the problem I was addressing.