On 12/20/17 10:28, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 12/20/2017 01:14 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:

from developers that learned it before C++98 and
can't care less what is being discussed on Reddit and HN.

I don't blame them one bit because keeping up with C++ and learning C++
Core Guidelines is a tremendous task:

https://github.com/isocpp/CppCoreGuidelines/blob/master/CppCoreGuidelines.md

I keep starting writing replies here about C++ Core Guidelines but I
delete them after counting to ten. Not this time... :)

I think it's a psychological phenomenon worthy of scientific interest
how a craft with so many guidelines can still be accepted. I am baffled
how otherwise wonderful and smart people can direct others to that
document with a straight face, let alone market it as one of the
greatest gifts to C++ programmers (cf. CppCon 2015 keynotes by Herb
Sutter and Bjarne Stroustrup.)

Ali

I had Chrome estimate how many pages it would be print out. In "Letter" size it's 181 double-sided pages. It's not "Guidelines" it is a book on "Best Practices"

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender