On Friday, 22 December 2017 at 04:56:57 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
Making the GC more like in Go and JVM means adding write barriers, it means making general code slower (we're not fast-as-C anymore), it means losing easy C compatibility (hello FFI!)

What exactly will be lost? And do we even have easy C compatibility to begin with or you just don't about problems with it?

it means forbidding many current language features like unions and casts

They would cause no more problems than for precise GC, not specific to barriers.