On Wednesday, 27 December 2017 at 12:46:20 UTC, codephantom wrote:
To that.. I say...tuff ;-)

A breaking change between major version releases, should be something users can accomodate. If they are not willing to accomodate that, then fine, they can stay stuck on a working version that works on their code.

But let that be a decision for them, rather than a decision they force on everyone else.

D needs to be bold, and go where no one as has gone before... .. .

I just finished watching Walter's opening talk at D conf 2017, and it seems that a lot of work has gone on to make D safe by default, and yet, it is still not safe 'by default'.
I'd love for @safe to be the default, and yeah, a major version change should implicate breaking changes. With that said, it's still D2. So perhaps D3 can include these "radical" ideas?