On Saturday, 30 December 2017 at 16:36:57 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

All open issues are actionable, and require some action. They are not noise, and many issues whose fix requires a change in language specification or semantics are understandably left to the few who have the authoritative to make such final decisions on whether it should be accepted or rejected.

Age of issue is not a big deal. In fact I see it as a good sign that at least issues are left to breathe while we wait and understand the impact or urgency of it. As opposed to jumping in and fixing issues immediately without taking due diligence on the wider picture it affects.

Is this a problem with triage?

i.e. like a hositpital emergency ward chaos rules, cause nobody is on duty triaging.

How does a contributor prioritise their contribution to items in bugzilla?

Or is it perhaps a tooling problem? (i.e. bugzilla lacks features that are needed).

Or is it a problem with not having enough people on duty, triaging?

Or is it a problem with just too many patients coming in?

Or .. ??