retard wrote:
Tue, 01 Dec 2009 03:16:47 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

Ary Borenszweig wrote:
Can you show examples of points 2, 3 and 4?
Have opDispatch look up the string in an associative array that returns
an associated delegate, then call the delegate.

The dynamic part will be loading up the associative array at run time.

This is not exactly what everyone of us expected. I'd like to have something like

void foo(Object o) {
  o.duckMethod();
}

foo(new Object() { void duckMethod() {} });

The feature isn't very dynamic since the dispatch rules are defined statically. The only thing you can do is rewire the associative array when forwarding statically precalculated dispatching.

Walter is right. But as it seems there is a lot of confusion about the feature, maybe we didn't define the feature (which is very general and powerful and as dynamic as you ever want to make it) in a palatable way.

Ideas?