On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 15:06:27 -0500, Pelle Månsson <pelle.mans...@gmail.com> wrote:

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

Isn't opBinary almost identical to opDispatch? The only difference I see is that opBinary works with operators as the 'symbol' and dispatch works with valid symbols. Is it important to distinguish between operators and custom dispatch?
 -Steve
opBinary is a binary operator, opDispatch can be anything. I think they should be kept separate.

You could say the same thing about dynamic properties. How come we don't split those out as opProperty?

opDispatch can do opBinary, it's a subset. It makes no sense to define opDispatch(string s)() if(s == "+") I agree, but I don't see any reason why opBinary(string s)() would fail to compile...

-Steve