On Saturday, 6 January 2018 at 02:58:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
In any case, I still will not get one and probably won't until I'm in a nursing home and they make me :)

You can get the flu and not show symptoms, and infect the people you're around. The elderly can die from the fule. The shot is free and a pinprick, I see no upside to avoiding it.

Yes, in Australia recently, we had a large number of elderly people in nursing homes die from the flu.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-12/flu-deaths-rise-as-treatment-medication-runs-dry/8895230

A flu shot can mean the difference between life and death for many of these people.

Our government is introducing legislation that makes it compulsory for workers in aged-care, to get a flu shot. (although not compulsory for those just visiting ??)

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/ministers/publishing.nsf/Content/health-mediarel-yr2017-hunt090.htm

I think that air-borne viruses are the biggest threat to humanity, and will probably be the thing that wipes us out.