On Thursday, 18 January 2018 at 09:02:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
I don't remember how long, but it took me a fair while to do the divide:

  https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/master/src/rt/llmath.d

It could be upscaled by rote to 128 bits, but even that would take me much longer than an hour. And it would still leave the issue of making ucent work with 32 bit code gen.

It could also be translated to D, but I doubt the generated code would be as good.

Nevertheless, we do have the technology, we just need someone to put it together.

All the code to split 64 bits into 32 bits was generic and could be reused.