On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 at 12:35:21 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
Sure, but I don't think there are enough D github-repositories to get decent quantitative analysis... Maybe a qualitative analysis.

Small sample size problem makes me think of Bayesian analysis...though I suppose there's a bigger problem if D doesn't have enough github repositories.

Yes, I think you need quite a lot of users to get enough github repositories. Not sure what the percentage would be, maybe 1 out 50 users or less are active on github?

Of course, the Rust analysis might be a bit off too, because it is common for enthusiasts to try out and leave young languages. There might be a significant difference between hobby and professional users too.

Anyway, I think the "pagerank" transition analysis is interesting. It provides some insights into dynamics, and also which transitions don't happen give us something to think about.