On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 11:42:14 UTC, Seb wrote:
[...]
This is about to change soon for D. There's WIP to use OpenCollective
The announcement should happen soon.
Stay tuned!
[...]
Here's a spoiler:

1) Andrei does an excellent job at managing his students [1] and there work over the last couple of months has been tremendous. As the experiment with UPB was very successful, there will be more projects like this one and global scholarship

2) The vision document will finally get updated (there have been a few delays due to holiday, illnesses etc.)

https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2017H2

3) More community input (I'm preparing a State of D survey atm)

4) More active voting by the community on important issues

5) Better documentation and overview on what the foundation is doing

Currently under discussion/work:

6) Using OpenCollective for tracking expenses openly
7) Offering membership packages for companies
8) Doing bi-annual Kickstarter compaigns for important issues to the community (e.g. "fix shared")
[...]

As mentioned above, there's. However, it's not very visible as a lot of work happens in stealth-mode atm and only a tiny bit makes it to the DBlog:

https://dlang.org/blog/category/core-team
https://dlang.org/blog/category/d-foundation

Thank you for your post, very interesting background information.

I like 7) and 8) very much! ( 8) needs 4) )