On Monday, 5 February 2018 at 12:41:29 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2018-02-05 06:28, Walter Bright wrote:

True, D cannot directly read .h files. There are tools, though, to convert C .h files to D.

I have thought about building this into D many times, especially since the Digital Mars C compiler is now available since it is Boost licensed.

I did that as an experiment. Embedding DStep in the compiler [1]. It got a mixed response. Some prefer to have it as a separate tool, some prefer to have it built-in. DStep depends on libclang, meaning the compiler would depend on libclang as well.

[1] https://forum.dlang.org/post/ks3kir$1ubq$1...@digitalmars.com

I started working on something like this, but not integrated with the compiler. But also not like DStep.

Atila