On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 13:10:16 UTC, rumbu wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 08:27:21 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:

[...]

I'm missing too the yield return and await syntax in D every time. In my current asp.net project I counted around 800 await calls. I don't even imagine how difficult should be to translate this in D style.

But back to the subject:
- pure @safe nothrow @nogc
- auto const ref
- __ctfe is a variable
- traits as a library solution;
- alias this;
- calling conventions are a best kept secret.
- everything is a range. If not, we will rangify it. Autodecoded eventually.
- no dedicated syntax sugar for ranges;
- no dedicated syntax sugar for coroutines;
- no dedicated syntax sugar for events;
- GC is evil. OO is outdated.
- last integer promotion rules.

And not a language feature but I hate dub. Just saying.

The GC is awesome, and trivially avoided. And once it is, programs crash and remind me of programming in C and C++ in the 90s.

At least LDC has address sanitizer now.

Atila